Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Blog 4 - House Advisory Prep

There are a wide variety of jobs and positions in the gaming industry, even beyond being a game designer. In my senior project, I'm able to speak with people who often aren't game designers often, and they give new insight to my research.

1. Write a short explanation of what you are hoping to accomplish through your senior project topic.

Throughout the course of my senior project, I am hoping to be introduced to and learn of the many components that create video game design, as well as grow as potential game designer (or potentially another position) myself. While it is a career field I have been interested in a long time, I'm hoping that my experiences throughout this year will help solidify my decision further; I will feel more at ease knowing that I have some experiences regarding the career field I wish to join.


Beyond just determining if video game design is a field that appeals to me as a career choice, I want to learn and see much more of the time and work that is poured into video game development. As fascinated by the topic as I am, I am by no means an expert; I want to expand my knowledge immensely on the subject over the year. I want to learn and experience more than just what is required of me for project, but to take it a step further, and learn not just for the sake of the project, but also for myself.

Truly, this is something I want to do. From my experiences so far, I can easily see myself enjoying this industry of work. There's still so much more to see, so I'm very much looking forward to learning more and more with each day of research and mentorship.

No comments:

Post a Comment